Simple Veggie Roll
- Prepare vegetables. Slice avocado and cut cucumber into thin sticks.
- To create your roll, place a half piece of Sushi Nori rough side up on your plastic-wrapped sushi mat (with the long sticks running horizontally to your body) and, using wet hands, cover Sushi Nori with a thin layer of cooled sushi rice. *gimme tip* if you don’t have a sushi mat, you can use parchment paper or a tea towel instead!
- Place a thin layer of avocado slices and cucumber sticks spanning the width of your Sushi Nori about an inch away from the Sushi Nori/rice border closest to you.
- Using your fingers to hold the veggies, start to roll the front part of the sushi roll like a burrito and tuck it tightly around the filling. Lift the sushi mat up off the tucked portion and continue to roll, moving the mat after each rotation.
- Once tightly rolled, remove the mat completely and use a wet serrated knife to saw the sushi roll into 8 pieces. Rewet knife as needed so rice doesn’t stick.
- Repeat to make 4 rolls then enjoy with your favorites like soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger!