Nori Mac & Cheese
Superfood comfort food!
- Mix together both varieties of shredded cheese and set aside.
- Chop gimme Big Sheets into small, ¼ - ½ inch squares. Mix about half the mixture with 3 cups of shredded cheese and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and lightly oil or butter a large 9x13 baking dish (or two 8x8 baking dishes).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to pack until al dente (typically 1-2 minutes less than pack instructs).
- Drain and toss with a teeny bit of oil so pasta doesn’t stick together.
- In the same pot over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour for 2-3 minutes until mixture is lightly golden.
- Add 2 cups of milk while whisking to smoothly incorporate into butter mixture then whisk in remaining milk. Continue whisking every few minutes for about 3-6 minutes until it is a thickish consistency.
- Stir in salt + 3 cups of shredded cheese until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta and chopped gimme.
- Add half of cheesy pasta to baking dish, layer with half the shredded cheese and gimme mix. Top with remaining cheesy pasta and shredded cheese and gimme mix.
- Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melty then serve hot and enjoy!