- Rinse rice in cold water until water runs clear then drain completely.
- To a medium pan, add rinsed rice and water. Cover and bring to a simmer then reduce to a low simmer and cook 18-23 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Keep covered until ready to use.
- If making your own teriyaki sauce, in a microwave safe dish, combine soy sauce, pineapple juice or mirin, and brown sugar then microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Remove Spam from can and slice into 8 equal slices, about 1/3” thick.
- In a large pan over medium heat, spray with non-stick spray then fry the Spam 1-2 minutes until golden then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki (homemade or store-bought) to the pan with Spam and cook another 1-2 minutes until the slices are caramelized.
- To assemble musubi, place a third-sheet of gimme Sushi Nori shiny side down on a dry surface then place your musubi mold on top.
- Use a wet spoon or hands to gently add about ¼ cup rice into the mold so it’s ¾ inch high.
- Top with a slice of caramelized Spam then use the top of the musubi press to gently push down on the Spam to compact the rice without overly smashing it.
- Remove the musubi mold and tightly wrap the gimme Sushi Nori over the musubi, dabbing a little water on the inside edge of the gimme Sushi Nori to secure it in place if needed.
- Enjoy warm!