Miso Glazed Salmon Onigiri With Seaweed
- In a bowl, mix together white miso paste, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and sesame oil until smooth. Stir in salmon until combined.
- To make the furikake, finely mince 1 sheet of Sushi Nori and transfer to a plate. Stir in sesame seeds and sea salt, then set aside.
- Cut 1 sheet of Sushi Nori into 3 even strips then cut those in half to make 6 pieces about 2 ½ inches x 3 ½ inches.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap over a small bowl and scoop about 1/3 cup of rice (slightly cooled but still warm) into the bowl.
- Flatten the rice and create a well in the center of the rice. Add a tablespoon of the salmon mixture to the well then top with a little more rice to cover it.
- Gather the corners of the plastic wrap and twist a few times to tighten into a ball. Form the rice into a rounded triangle shape and unwrap.
- Wrap a strip of Sushi Nori around the bottom of the onigiri then, holding the Sushi Nori, roll the edges of the onigiri ball in the furikake mixture,. Repeat will remaining ingredients and enjoy!
*Gimme tip: Dip your fingers in water before touching the rice to prevent it from sticking to your fingers.