Crispy Seaweed Tacos
- Cut rice paper and gimMe into approximately 6” circular shapes.
- Place gimMe flat on a surface.
- Fill a pot with 1-2 inches of oil and start to heat over medium-low heat until it reaches 350°F.
- Dip rice paper into water briefly (2-3 seconds) then place on top of gimMe, pressing it down to stick them together.
- To test the oil temperature, dip a corner of the gimMe-rice paper in and if it bubbles, you’re ready!
- Using tongs, dip half of the gimMe-rice paper circle into the oil, rice paper side down, until it puffs up, about 3-5 seconds. Then use the tongs to flip it over, while slightly folding it in half to make the taco shape, and fry the other half the same way.
- Continue to rotate it in the oil until it stops sizzling and is holding its taco shape! Remove from oil, let excess oil drip off, option to sprinkle with sea salt, and let cool on paper towel.
- Repeat the pressing and cooking process to create all your taco shells.
- Assemble taco shells with your favorites! We layered spinach, carnitas, avocado, cabbage, pickled onion, and pineapple!
- Garnish with hemp seeds and red chili flakes and serve with lime and additional taco toppings if desired!