The perfect blend of savory and sweet. This twist on brittle offers a sophisticated flavor to elevate any occasion.
- Line a half-sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the sugar with the water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat while stirring constantly. Add the sugar syrup and continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches 239°F/115° Add the peanuts and sesame seeds and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 311°F/155°C.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the salt, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the baking soda and seaweed and stir until fully mixed in.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared sheet pan and quickly spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- When cooled completely, break the brittle into 2-inch squares. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from ‘Fabulous and Flavorful Gim’, a collaboration between Korean Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corporation and The Culinary Institute of America.