Salmon Burger with Seaweed and Slaw
Recipe by Katie Webster of @healthyseasonal
Ditch the beef and the bun for burger night! We’ve combined fresh chopped boneless salmon, blended with egg, panko and crumbled Gimme snacks roasted seaweed and formed into patties. They’re cooked in avocado oil and served with spicy aioli over colorful shredded slaw.
- Chop salmon with a sharp chef’s knife into cubes. Chop crosswise and lengthwise until most of the salmon pieces are very small and starting to stick together. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Add egg, panko, broken Gimme snacks seaweed, ginger, garlic, salt and red pepper and stir to combine. Roughly divide the mixture into four portions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. With lightly moist hands, form each portion of the salmon mixture into a patty, and gently add to the hot skillet. Cook, undisturbed until the patty is browned on the bottom and the edges of the patties are just starting to turn white, 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully flip over and continue cooking until the other side is browned and the burgers are cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the red cabbage, green cabbage, scallions and cilantro in a medium bowl. Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, avocado oil, sesame oil and maple syrup (or sugar) in a small jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over the slaw and toss to coat.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Divide the slaw among four plates. Top each with a salmon burger. Dollop with aioli, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.