- To create your roll, place a piece of Sushi Nori rough side up on your plastic-wrapped sushi mat (with the long sticks running horizontally to your body) and, using wet hands, cover Sushi Nori with about ½ cup rice in an even ¼ inch layer of cooled sushi rice. *gimme tip* if you don’t have a sushi mat, you can use parchment paper or a tea towel instead!
- Flip the Sushi Nori over so the rice is now touching the mat.
- Place a row of crab sticks spanning the width of your Sushi Nori about an inch away from the Sushi Nori/rice border closest to you.
- In additional rows in front of crab, layer avocado slices, and cucumber sticks.
- Using your fingers to hold the ingredients, start to roll the front part of the sushi roll like a burrito and tuck it tightly around the fillings. Lift the sushi mat up off the tucked portion and continue to roll, moving the mat after each rotation.
- Once tightly rolled, place the seam side down on cutting board. Layer the thin slices of salmon and avocado alternatively on top of the roll.
- Place clean plastic wrap over sushi roll and roll to press toppings gently into place.
- Remove the plastic and use a wet serrated knife to saw the sushi roll into 8 pieces. Rewet knife as needed so rice doesn’t stick. *gimMe tip* first cut the sushi roll in half, then cut each of your 2 halves in half, and finally cut each of your 4 pieces in half for 8 even bites!
- Enjoy with your favorites like soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger!