Seaweed Creamed Greens
Put a tasty twist on tradition this Thanksgiving with a seaweed packed side dish that will have the whooooole family (even those picky eaters!) saying, “Gimme more!” 😋
This rich, creamy, and super green recipe is vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-carb! Plus, it comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook kale 1 minute. Scoop it out with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of ice water.
- Repeat the above process for chard, cooking 30 seconds then moving to ice water.
- Repeat the above process for spinach, cooking 30 seconds then moving to ice water.
- When greens mix is cool enough to handle, drain from ice water and squeeze out excess liquid with a cheese cloth, nut mylk bag, or tea towel, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and pull out a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium, melt butter then add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until soft and translucent.
- To saucepan, add heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, ¼ cup parmesan, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne then stir until cheeses are melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooled, strained greens + gimMe Roasted Seaweed Snacks.
- Transfer mix to baking dish, top with remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese, and bake until bubbly and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite feast!