BBQ Chicken Pepper Poppers
Kick-off BBQ season with this zesty new recipe. With the sweetness of peppers, tang of BBQ sauce, and crispy crunch of gimme's Seaweed Snacks, you've got a trifecta of taste!
- Season chicken with sea salt on both sides.
- In a medium-large pan with tightly fitting lid, heat pan until hot over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and coat the bottom of the pan. Place chicken in pan and cook until golden, about 3-5 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add BBQ sauce and water on top of chicken. Flip chicken to coat then cover and let cook 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, re-cover with lid, and let cook another 5 minutes until the thickest part of the chicken reaches 160-165°F.
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest on cutting board 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reduce heat to low and let BBQ sauce mix continue simmering to thicken. Remove from heat when the sauce coats a spoon.
- Shred chicken with two forks then add it back to pan with sauce and stir to coat.
- Fill each half pepper with about 1 ounce of shredded chicken.
- Serve each stuffed pepper on top of a gimMe Roasted Seaweed Snack then garnish with cheese, chives, and optional sweet pepper “confetti”!